- We identify as plural. That means simply this: there are more than one person living here.
- These people are full people, not parts of people, not pretend people. Full people.
- These people are not here because of trauma. We do not have DID, nor do we claim to, nor do we claim to be just like those who do.
- We do have trauma, and do have diagnosed anxiety, depression, and PTSD. These did not cause our plurality either. Trauma does not = trauma-based. We are not our trauma.
- We do not want to “integrate,” and find the suggestion highly offensive. This is because we are full people, not parts of people. This would be equivalent to us suggesting you and your friend combine into one person suddenly (as if it were even possible! which for us, haha, guess what, it isn’t), because people other than you and your friend feel uncomfortable that you’re separate and have your own lives and interests. People separate from you feel you’d be healthier if you and your friend squished together and became one person. They don’t really mean healthier anyway though, they mean more like them. I could go on and on about the various reasons this concept is inappropriate, offensive, and frightening, but I won’t.
- Some people say that they can integrate — we take that at face value, and do not disagree. But we can’t, and wouldn’t if we could. We don’t care to discuss it beyond that, since our feelings on other peoples’ integration matters is irrelevant (kind of like other peoples’ feelings about ours are irrelevant ^_^)
- The people that are here are not trauma-based — so, where are they from? Well, we don’t have a good explanation, nor do we feel obligated to give one. But I’ll run over a few points that contribute to theories we have as to how we all ended up stuck together in this one body:
- We believe in the infinite universe theory. We’re just not sure how there are infinite universes. But we have to, essentially, because so many of us are from other universes, or planes of existence, more accurately. For basic purposes, we believe that for every thought that is given any amount of energy or investment, there could be a universe spawned off of it. This could mean alternate universes in which you made a different choice that you thought hard about, or it could mean any “fictional” realm someone put thought into. That realm becomes real, in an offshoot plane typically inaccessible from this one.
- For whatever reason, some bodies, and/or their brains, seem to be prone to accessing these other realms. Let me stress right now, not physically, not “tangibly” outside in this realm, but inside, in a realm that is already separate — headspace, inner worlds, astral planes, etc.. Like the place we all stay when we’re not out here fronting like I am right now to write this. Bodies like this are sometimes called Gateway Systems, and that just means people from other universes can access this one through us, through a body like ours, but cannot get out of the body. They have to use the body.
- This means we have people here from other universes. Lots of them. Most of them cannot access their homeworld once they get here.They get stuck in this Gateway System. We don’t know why. A few can go back if they want, but it’s rare, difficult, and dangerous.
- There are over 200 people here. They don’t all front. Some never do, some front most every day lately. Some are “from fiction,” meaning they are from a world that has occurred, in our current theory, due to a thought causing a shoot-off universe from this one, where it was created as a story. That does not mean their universe isn’t real, or that it hasn’t always happened. Their memories and lives prior to coming here are valid. The entire past of their world may have been created when the story was, but that does not mean they’re not real.
- Contrarily, we have another theory alongside the other that stories in this world are inspired by subconscious thoughts caused by messages/”vibes” from other realms. Who knows. We don’t.
- Either way, we think that there are tons of “versions” of universes out there, for this one that you are reading this entry in, and for “fictional” offshoot ‘verses, which means there could be someone living here who comes from a “fictional” offshoot universe, and someone else in another system from the same “fictional source,” but a different “version.” That’s basically how there can be “more than one ____ (insert name here).” They’re not the same people and probably lived very different lives. But they have a common fictional counterpart. That’s all it is.
- The ways in which our universes originated and how they relate to their fictional counterparts on this side of things doesn’t matter.
- We are people, we are real, we are many, we have fictional counterparts here, and that does not invalidate our real existence.
- We also have people with no fictional counterpart. They’re real too. They are not more real. They are the same real. The same real as you are, the same real as anything is.
All of that said, let’s take a pause. I want to emphasize that we do not hold one theory as the one we think is accurate, because we don’t know. We just kinda toss around a few ideas amongst ourselves, and a few people here are trying to do independent research to see how our group might work, as far as origination is concerned. We’re not terribly worried about it though, since we’re here now, and can’t leave, and that’s what seems most important. Moving on!
- We cannot choose who shows up here. People show up here for reasons, people show up here at random. And we cannot control that.
- We have people that are: male, female, transgender, agender, genderqueer, straight, gay/lesbian, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, poly, monogamous, human, humanoid, sentient non-humanoids, Christians, Muslims, Pagans, non-denominational spiritualists, atheists, agnostics, we have people with diverse racial backgrounds, we have people with kinks, people with triggers, people with different hobbies, partners, occupations, histories, and lives. Weird how that works, right? It’s like we’re actually people or something. We are pretty damn diverse, which can be overwhelming when trying to explain pretty much anything ever.
- I’m going to say it one more time: we are unable to control who shows up here. Having people that identify different sexually, gender-wise, or are of a different species/race, etc., than the body we all share (the Gateway System body, remember?) does not mean we are being insensitive, racist, transphobic, etc. That is literally saying we are being offensive for identifying as ourselves. We are aware that the body is not a mirror image of whoever is fronting. Therefore, we know that as a group we have certain privilege in this plane, and need to check it.
Finally: we function, we are not delusional, we are not harming ourselves or anyone else, we can carry out our lives as well as the next person, our plurality is not an illness, and we deserve respect as individuals. We are full-time university students, doing rather excellently, I might add, due to good teamwork between our main fronters, we’ve held down jobs, and we’re going places. Because we want this body, this vessel, this vehicle, to succeed on all of our behalves, so that we have the best opportunities as a collective. And so far, I’d say things are going damn well.
Note: IF anything here doesn’t make sense, is worded confusingly, or you want more details, please do send an ask. We don’t bite, as long as you don’t provoke. I know for a fact I oversimplified some of this, and used the wrong phrasing. Words are hard. ._.
WHAT THE FUCK DO I EVEN SAY TO THIS KIND OF INSANITY? THE ROOTS OF “WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT” STRETCH SO GOD-DAMN FAR INTO THIS POOR MISGUIDED DOUCHEBAG’S MIND THAT HE CAN PROBABLY FEEL IT TICKLING HIS NOSE.
EVERY PARAGRAPH IS LIKE ANOTHER JOURNEY INTO THE DEEPEST REACHES OF HOT TOPIC TO FIND AN EVEN SPECIALER, MORE RETARDED SNOWFLAKE UNTIL EVENTUALLY YOU’RE FORCED TO UNLEASH SUNLIGHT ONTO HIS SCREAMING FLESH TO REVEAL HIS TRUE FORM, THAT OF A GIANT SLOR.
THE ABSOLUTE WORST PART ABOUT ALL THIS ISN’T THAT HE’S SO DELUSIONAL THAT HE MIGHT ONE DAY BELIEVE HIS OWN HILARIOUS BACKSTORY, BUT THAT HE TOOK THE TIME AND EFFORT TO TYPE ALL THIS DOWN AND PLEAD FOR THE ATTENTION THAT HE SO OBVIOUSLY DOESN’T GET FROM HIS PARENTS. THIS POOR FUCKER WROTE SOMETHING LIKE TWENTY PARAGRAPHS OF SCI-FI FANFIC WHEN ALL HE REALLY HAD TO DO WAS SAY “hey man I’m a human being too and I need some attention just like everybody else”
SOMEBODY GIVE HIM A FUCKING LOLLIPOP OR SOMETHING, JESUS.